Monday, January 23, 2012

Ideas

I believe the other day I mentioned the ideas I have.
The first one is that I would like to start a local babysitting exchange group.
This group would be open to mothers who work or go to school part time and want to save money on childcare and babysitting by exchanging babysitting duties with other moms. Right now my friend Britney does most of my babysitting. Since she barely ever watches my kids I pay her, but I pay her much less than I would pay a normal babysitter. For example, today she watched Triston and Marino for 7 hours which would cost me $35-40. I'll probably pay her $15-20 for it. I figure this group would be open to join and there would be mingles so all the ladies who are interested can meet each other over a meet & play session with the kids and that way people can make connections and exchange information with the moms that live closest to them or have schedules that will compliment each other, or people they just make a connection with. Great way to not only make friends but save money. Plus I would also make rules like if the person who watches your kid babysits more than you do you should work out some sort of repayment option to them whether it's monetary or whatever.

2. I want to come up with a business plan to open up a children's playroom in local hospitals. This room would give hospitalized parents a place to take their young children when they come to visit so that the children could ENJOY the time visiting their parents in the hospital. Not only would this be great for moms who were in antepartum like myself, but hospice patients this would be especially nice for. The last hours you spend with your children you want to be memorable and happy for both of you. The children's room would have age appropriate toys, a craft area, a snack area, a place for the patients to be stationed, a movie area. The room would have a nurse who could monitor patients and communicate between departments. There would also be a certified child care provider on staff who would be able give children first aid and coral children when they become too much for the parents to handle. Also other family would have to remain in the room to be in charge of the children for obvious reasons.
Anyway I wanted to put my ideas on BLOG rather than my complaints for once!


No comments:

Post a Comment